2018-2019 Season Game Day Volleyball Tryout Dates
Tryout fee $25.00 – Cash or Check payable to Game Day Volleyball
12’s Tryout dates: Wednesday, November 7th & Thursday, November 8th from 5pm-7pm
14’s Tryout dates: Wednesday, November 7th & Thursday, November 8th from 7pm-9pm
16’s Tryout dates: Wednesday, November 14th & Thursday, November 15th from 5pm-7pm
18’s Tryouts dates: Wednesday, November 14th & Thursday, November 15th from 7pm-9pm
Tryouts will be held @ Willamalane Park and Recreation District 250 South 32nd Street, Springfield, OR
Registration for tryouts: When you come to tryouts you will need to have already completed paperwork, print it out and have it with you when you attend the first day of tryouts. All players who intend to play for Game Day need to attend all tryout days scheduled for their age group.
The First step is to register with USA volleyball through our region, Columbia Empire Volleyball “CEVA”. This is the procedure for on-line registration: Go to www.cevaregion.org
- On the home page in the upper right hand corner there is a drop down menu titled Member’s Info. Under the membership column there are two options: returning members and new members. There you can also find step by step instructions if needed.
- Follow the instructions given. If you have two or more children you are registering, please note that the passwords will be different for each player.
- Please be sure to read everything carefully!
- You pay for your registration when you are done. You can either pay the whole amount of $55.00 or a membership deposit of $10.00. The membership deposit fee is for tryouts only, so if you decide to play you MUST upgrade your registration before you are allowed to practice.
- When you are done you will be asked if you are sure you want to submit your application. Once you click yes, you will then see a page with your membership confirmation. To the left, in the blue tabs under member area, you will see the tab to print your membership card. Print it out – this is what you will turn in at tryouts.
- Once you have completed the registration form, you will then see a health form and a concussion form. You need to fill those out and also turn those in at tryouts.
- All the forms will require an electronic signature, so you don’t physically need to sign the papers. You will be required to enter a driver’s license number to allow for the electronic signature.
- If you have any questions during this process, don’t hesitate to call or e-mail the CEVA office – they can walk you through most any problem.
THINGS TO BRING TO TRYOUTS:
- CEVA Membership card
- Tryout Form
- 2018-2019 Concussion Form – Parent and Player
- 2018-2019 Player Medical Release Club Team WITHOUT Notary
Even if you are unsure if you are going to play club volleyball, or unsure if you are going to play for Game Day, you must register with CEVA for insurance purposes. We cannot let your child participate in tryouts if they have not registered with CEVA. www.cevaregion.org
Once tryouts have been completed we will form teams and notify each player individually. We will need to know fairly quickly if you will accept your position on your team so we can make any necessary adjustments to the rosters. We will then have a MANDATORY meeting to meet your teammates and coach, receive your schedule and sign contracts for the season. At this time a down payment is due for every player in every age group.